Beginners Training: The EEG Neurofeedback Practicum
Didactic training in EEG Neurofeedback is not sufficient to provide adequate instruction in the use of EEG hardware and software. Three-day hands-on practicum courses are offered to complete the student’s skill base for eventually starting a neurofeedback practice.
NeXus-10 MKII EEG amplifiers and sensors made by Mind Media are used with dual monitors to train the “clinician” and the “client” in the hands-on lab section of the course. Instruction is offered on the assessment of the brain as well as the development of neurofeedback protocols.
The NeXus Biotrace+ software platform is explained and used in daily exercises so that the student can become familiar with the user-friendly interface with NeXus equipment.
The EEG Neurofeedback Practicum is offered through StensAcademy.com.
Practicum workshops will begin in the San Francisco Bay area in the Fall of 2022.
Who Will Benefit from This Training?
- Clinicians who want to introduce EEG Neurofeedback into their private practices, whether they wish to become BCIA certified in Neurofeedback or not. (However, we do encourage all to advance to BCIA status);
- Individuals who wish to become qualified EEG technicians and work in a clinical practice with supervision from a State Licensed clinician to perform EEG assessments and do EEG Neurofeedback training.
- Researchers who want to master the skill-base for EEG mini-assessments and neurofeedback training;
- Health Care professionals who manage agencies and would like to arrange for their staff to be educated and skilled in EEG Neurofeedback.
Why Should I Take This Training?
EEG Neurofeedback is rapidly entering the world of Health Care as an adjunctive or stand-alone treatment for a variety of client’s presenting issues, including Neuropsychiatric Symptoms (e.g., depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD-I and -II, sleep quality problems, work- and life-stress, etc); Mild Cognitive Impairment associated with aging; Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke and other cerebrovascular disease; Behavioral Issues like childhood or adult anger-management problems; PTSD associated with childhood reactive attachment disorder and trauma in adolescence or adulthood; and Sports Medicine training for optimal performance.
Examples of Health Care Professions that are eligible for EEG Neurofeedback Training include:
- Psychologists (Doctoral level, LCSWs, LMFTs, Counselors, Educational Psychologists, etc.)
- Medical Doctors (MD, Neurologists, Pediatricians, and Physician’s Assistant with certification or license),
- Nurses (RNs and NPs, including two-year registered nurses with license, not LVNs or LPNs),
- Physical Therapists,
- Occupational and Rehabilitation Therapists,
- Recreational Therapists,
- Exercise Physiology Specialists and Practitioners
- Speech Pathologists,
- Sports Medicine Specialists.
Classes will be taught by Mary L. Tracy, MA PhD MFT BCN QEEG-Diplomate and Kelly Nelson, MS, LMFT
If you are interested in this training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in
36-hour BCIA Neurofeedback Professional Program
- Fulfill Your Didactic Certification Requirement and Learn at Your Own Pace.
- 36-hour online video course that is self-paced.
qEEG Course (IQCB Blueprint of knowledge)
- Fulfill the didactic and practicum requirement for the Clinical Diplomate Certification.